Sunday, April 4, 2010

TUF is Back!


I can't believe I forgot about it, but as I was channel surfing the other day I came across The Ultimate Fighter season premiere and couldn't have been happier.

For those that don't know, my financial situation isn't the greatest, therefore, it's difficult for me to pay for a live Ultimate Fighting Championship event, as well as even have the time to watch one due to my work schedule.

So when I saw the 11th season of TUF has begun, I was very excited. After seeing coaches Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson in each other's faces all last season, I'm hoping Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz are going to be the same way.

The season premiere gave me exactly what I needed as well - bashing, bleeding, and a broken nose (actually, it looked way more than broken). Anyway, I'm now able to watch some UFC without knowing the victor beforehand, and it feels great.

I don't know as of yet which fighter I will pick as my favorite, but I do know I'll probably end up rooting for Team Liddell. I mean, how can you not love the Iceman? Plus, I don't know how much smack Ortiz will be able to talk after being away from the sport due to injury and losing to Forrest Griffin in his comeback fight in UFC 106. Then again, Liddell left the sport and competed on "Dancing With the Stars". Not that I don't like Ortiz, I just like Liddell more.

I'm also excited for this season due to the fact that Roy Nelson isn't in it. Couldn't stand that guy all of Heavyweights. I'll give him credit for the knockout he delivered to Brendan Schaub in the finale, but otherwise he just sat on people and never listened to any of his coaches.

It looks as if this season will be a great one, as there were some fantastic fights in the first episode. I hope it only continues to get better, and I keep those hopes high, because as viewers saw what's coming up this season at the end of the first episode, we get to see another door get destroyed. To me, that means it should be good.

Can't wait. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIttttttt's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

No comments:

Post a Comment